Saturday, May 28, 2005
- Name: John Thorn
- Location: Catskill, New York, United States
John Thorn wrote his first book 40 years ago and since then has produced dozens more. "Baseball in the Garden of Eden" was published with Simon and Schuster in 2011. The official historian of Major League Baseball, he is editor of "BASE BALL: A Journal of the Early Game," a scholarly annual.
- The front porch of Cedar Grove, looking west. Phot...
- On the day before writing the story below ("That W...
- The Architect's Dream, perhaps Cole's greatest di...
- That Wilder Image: The Dilemma of Thomas Cole
- Kindred Spirits, 1849
- Distilled Spirit: Asher Durand
- George Inness, Pastoral Landscape at Sunset, 1884....
- American Chameleon: Inness Exhibit at Cole House
- How I first met the great white whale